Improv & FPP

 Foundation paper piecing is a technique that I don't love doing all day everyday. I'm passionate about it and always have several quilts on the go using that technique but I need to balance it out with mindless scrappy sewing!

This week I pattern tested two FPP blocks for my Scientific Adventures BOM quilt

Today's free BOM block releases are this fabulous hanging flask over bunsen burner:
And the PhD text block both of which I pattern tested earlier this week. 
But to balance out all that technical piecing I worked on an improv piecing scrap project! And it's ready to baste today:
I chose a fabulous solid fabric from my stash for the background fabric, it's by Windham and is called 'Nod to Mod'
I'm using design principles and piecing techniques outlined in my Mod Scrap Adventures book, click on my books tab above for details.