Photo Challenge Day 26: hand

Time to share a handwork project on your blog or Instagram to join the May Photo Challenge!


I started this simple backstitch embroidery quilt block set in 2015 by copying Johanna Basford coloring pages onto printable fabric I made using freezer paper.

It started a bit of a trend and lots of people wanted details about how I did it!

But I hadn't gotten around to designing the layout for this quilt until today. I'm traveling without my computer so I had to sketch out the block design by hand in my travel notebook!




Yesterday I went to the Perth Craft and Quilt Fair, the vendor hall was a bit lackluster but the quilts were terrific!

I loved the TARDIS!


And the simplicity of this quilt layout that used leftover nine patch and HST  blocks from another project!


I'd love to make a scrappy anchor like this!


And this quilt full of scrappy strips was great too!