Last Saturday Project Box Share (for a while)

Our belongings are on their way to Australia!

We will live in a sparsely furnished temporary apartment here in Denver for the next few months because it'll take about 3 months for our stuff to get to Australia.

So this Saturday project box share will be my last for a while! I took these photos before the packers came last week. This share is actually two project boxes:

These contain all the scrappy improv 6" square blocks I have pieced this year plus a few pieced prior to the pandemic. About 70% of these fabric scraps were gifted to me by two other sewists the rest are scraps from my own projects. In total there are:

Yes, 811 six inch square blocks!

I have a couple of ideas what I want to do with these.

1. Make two guest bed quilts: using 165 blocks to make each single/twin quilt

2. Make a 71" square lap quilt (or two) using 169 blocks for each quilt 

There will be 140+ leftover blocks even if I make all 4 quilts as planned! So my summer of scrap demolishing achieved a LOT!