Temporary Setup

Tuesday removalists come to pack and ship our beloved belongings to Australia. So we've moved into a temporary one bedroom apartment which we've sparsely furnished. Our shipping container will take several months to reach Australia so we'll fly home in January once our belongings have arrived ahead of us. 
Here's a look at my temporary sewing setup in the apartment:
Just a few basics:
  • Simple desk
  • 2 rolling carts to store fabric/notions
  • Vintage Bernina sewing machine thrifted several years ago for $19.99
  • Thrifted cut and press mat
  • Desk lamp
  • Iron
In terms of fabric I've only bought scraps to the apartment and will focus on scrappy piecing. 
I also have a small desk nook for my computer so I can work on quilt pattern book drafts:
And we'll fly to Australia in January with just two suitcases and carry on luggage so all the furniture, sewing machine, notions, electronics (apart from laptops) etc will have to be given away or donated to thrift stores in a few months time but it will help me survive the wait.