9 Squares

Last week I made two kennel pads to use up remaining 3" scrappy squares. They were leftover from two sew-a-thon summers of scrap usage in which I made five quilts using 3" squares of busy prints combined with scrappy white and off white 3" squares. Now I just want the remaining busy print squares used up and gone instead of cluttering up my space. I've set aside some 3" squares for another kennel pad and then I had 9 print squares left. 

I decided to sew those 9 squares into a nine patch block then cut that in half both ways and invert two quadrants to create a disappearing 9 patch. Then I quilted and bound it to make a busy print mug mat

Nothing fancy just using up scraps for useful household items. 
So once I make one final kennel pad this week all the 3" squares will be gone! 
So this is a visual recap of the 3" scrappy squares projects I've made since June 2021 to use up almost my entire hoard of "busy" print 3" scraps. I can't wait to make that last kennel pad and move on from 3" squares!