I'm continuing with scrappy improv piecing. Yesterday I worked on medium greens:
Yesterday I made 29 beige scrappy improv blocks:
I hope watching this is inspires some people to start working with their hoard of scraps! Here's a few tips to get you started:
Step 1 - sort fabrics
- Sort fabrics by color
- Some colors may need to be sorted into sub groups e.g. light green, bright green, dark green, sage green...
- Press fabrics as needed (remember they'll be pressed a lot as part of the FPP block construction so only press really wrinkly stuff)
- Cut large pieces into strips
- Cut charm squares size pieces in half 2 ways (some in triangles, some in rectangle)
- Sort fabrics into size/shape piles to speed up the piecing process
- Cut scrap paper to your desired size to use as the foundation. I like 6" squares.
It's so great to know that when my scraps arrive in Australia they'll be organized.