Flimsy Finish

I finished the center of my Halloween Adventures quilt before Halloween but I've been procrastinating! I totally messed up the scrappy squares border by cutting my strips 2.5" instead of 2" which was a mathematical mess!
I wanted mine to be a lap quilt, so I decided to add two extra borders. The solid white border will be embellished with hand embroidery before it's quilted. I was eager to do a chevron outer border on mine and I finally found the time to do it!
 Getting the corners done was a challenge but after lots of unsewing and fiddling I got the corners to work!
Each strip piecing strata has a corner cut from it like this:
 To achieve the 45 degree angle. I decided I didn't want to waste them. So I cut little candy corn pieces from them!
So after tidying up and scrap cutting the leftovers, I ended up with all these pieces! I've challenge myself to make either a scrappy Halloween quilt or two cushion covers with these pieces. Eventually.