The month of love!

In 2016 I made this cute valentines cushion cover, but although I loved using it, I wished I had quilted it more densely (it was QAYG) and I didn't have a red or white zipper handy so the back closure was just overlapping flaps.

So it has been sitting in my studio for a few weeks waiting for a quick redo!
I took the back off (I cut that fabric up for scrap projects) then I added some additional FMQing to the large borders:

I added a new back, this time with a zip closure.
And now it is ready to be used all month long for the month of love! 
The cushion is slightly smaller now because I just cut away the edges to separate the front and back because the outer borders were quite wide anyway. But it's still a great throw pillow size and I already had a pillow insert that size. 
I am so pleased I spent a little time on this! I'll use it so much more now it's been revamped.