A new year... a new project!

Scrappy Hexagons

I have a longstanding rule  I can't start a new project unless it fits one of these two criteria...

  • Scrap project
  • BOM pattern test for one of my quilt books
So I've started hand piecing hexagons for a scrap project.  They'll all have a bright multicoloured centre surrounded by 6 low volume hexies. 

I might then surround them with scrappy solid hexagons.

But for now I'm focused on the basic 7 hexagon flower blocks. I've made 4 so far.  I'm not sure how many I'll make,  I have a pile of 3" low volume squares to use up,  so I'll sew until that pile is gone. 

Next week I'll also start my Eye Spy Adventures BOM pattern test. 

If you want to join the BOM message me via the link in the left sidebar.  

Intro PDF release is January 1.

Block releases will be on the 15th of the month through 2024 & 25.

Hosted in a private Facebook group,  so you must have Facebook.