Quilt 2: Gathering skills...

For 15yrs I had kept this completed embroidered bird in my embroidery sewing box. It is only about 4 or 5 inches square, I thought it was perfect as the centerpiece of my second quilt. With this quilt I played around with using the variety of stitches my machine had available. I used fabrics I got for $4 per meter and the backing was an old sheet, so I didn't invest a lot of money as I didn't trust my skills. It turned out okay for an experimental self teaching quilt, but the binding was awful and one day I want to rebind the edges I think, but on the other hand it represents my learning journey accurately the way it is! I did discover cotton batting with this one and all of my quilts now have cotton batting in them, which is great for summer quilts and washes really well.


  1. Lovely embroidery! I have a couple pieces that demand all the attention and I've never figured out how to set them...My instinct is to keep the piece as is and move on. I don't redo much. :-)

  2. Hi Marianne!! Thanks for sharing at Tuesday Archives!!!


Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Stitching away the sickness blues

Block 8 Adventurously Epic Sampler

Scrap Happy