Monday, 5 May 2014

Bags and scraps

Bags and scraps consumed almost every minute of my day.

I completed 75 fabric shopping bags for the the Green Bag Lady project that is the most I have ever done in one sitting but after a 6 week hiatus the Colorado chapter has some catching up to do! And my new Juki machine is soooo fast it makes sewing these bags easy and fun.


Then I spent a couple of hours cutting my scraps into usable squares for future projects, I love an empty scrap bin:


Although my empty scrap bin lead to overflowing scrappy patch baskets!


Then I had to pack up as much of my sewing room as I could because my 18 yr old son is coming home from college for a few weeks and his room mate is staying with us for a few weeks too, so it's time to make space for the teens, although I think Ebony my Maltipoo thinks the mattress is for her LOL:


So my blog may be a bit quieter than usual for a few weeks whilst I have house guests, but I'm never to far away from blogland!

5 comments:

  1. you certainly made plenty of bags, have fun with the boys, can see you spending a lot of time in the kitchen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your company!! Also, if you get a moment, please stop by and link this post under our Tuesday Archives: Charity quilts theme that is going on right now...it will help spread the word about The Green Bag Lady Project!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kat's post inspired me to make these for my second graders who don't have backpacks...much better that using plastic grocery bags! I'm off to check out the pattern you guys use.

      Delete
  3. Always nice to have company!!! Am wondering if you can post a separate picture of the chair cover by your sewing machine? Your sewing machine cover too if you could. Have been looking for an idea for mine but hard to find pictures for ideas. Thanks and am always here in the background reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You were really cranking the bags out! Hope you enjoy your time with your son & his friend visiting!

    ReplyDelete