Tuesday, 4 November 2014

Quilting, quilting and more quilting!

Today I quilted three quilt tops!

This one is a full/double sized quilt for my 23yr old son TJ for Christmas (I'm confident he doesn't read my quilting blog LOL)


It is all simple meandering except around the Gs I straight stitched.


Then I quilted two of the small lap charity quilt tops that I made at quilt retreat recently:

First a Christmas quilt with fussy cut squares featuring the 3 wise men and Jesus and Mary:



I really love that this is a very Christmassy quilt without being in traditional Christmas colors!


The backing has biblical references to complement the theme of the front.


The other one was just all my grey 4" square scraps made into nine patches and joined with sashing:


It contains a cute 'Day of the Dead' skull fabric:


That inspired me to back this one in a Halloween print from my stash:



So I have 3 finishes for the day and my sewing room looks like a bomb has hit it!! I even forgot to go to my Tuesday afternoon book club!


Now I have to get ready to go to quilt club tonight!!

4 comments:

  1. I can hear your sewing machine humming way over here Marianne! What a wonderfully productive day! You son is going to love his quilt...it came out great! I love that you went from baby Jesus to skulls...for some reason you gave me a good chuckle! :) (Hey I finally got my eye spy sewn into a flimsy...will be posting it tomorrow.) Hope quilt club was fun! V:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you certainly achieved loads all quilts in one day i am well impressed. Love the fabric for the Christmas one and the backing too not come across either of those but will keep my eye open for them, would like to make a lap quilt for myself with those

    ReplyDelete
  3. did you have MY coffee as well as yours?? What cool finishes. Wish I'd had that day of the dead fabric when I finished mine. There's always next year, note to self. Sure your son doesn't read this?? Leeanna at not afraid of color

    ReplyDelete
  4. TJ's quilt looks just wonderful! You did a really lovely job on it! I'm sure he will love it. Both of the lap charity quilts are really nice! The Christmas one is really pretty!

    ReplyDelete