Sunday, 7 December 2014

A Christmas gift completed a year late!

I started designing this quilt block for my friend Teresa before last Christmas:


Teresa is the lady behind the Green Bag Lady project that I volunteer for. Here is the link to her blog:
http://greenbaglady.blogspot.com/ This image is the projects logo.

So after a year of procrastinating I finally tested the pattern and made Teresa a quilted tote for Christmas:


The paper pieced block turned out well for a prototype but I wouldn't make one this small again it is a little tricky around the hair!


I finally used some of my EPP hexagons to make a stripe across the back of the bag so it wasn't just boring plain green.

I added a pocket


And making a gift bag for a bag seemed pointless, so I just made some home made ribbon (i didn't have any green ribbon in my stash).


The ribbon is a 2.5" strip folded like bias binding and stitched along one edge to secure:


It feels good to have an old WIP finished!

4 comments:

  1. a lovely bag which I am sure she will be delighted with and I am sure will get lots of comments

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, that is just beautiful Marianne! I'm sure that Teresa will just love it! That pattern just might convince me to try paper piecing. You do such lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Marianne...Teresa is going to LOVE this. What an exact transformation of the Green Bag logo...fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marianne, I so very much adore this. Love love love. Thank you!!!!

    ReplyDelete