Tuesday, 15 December 2015

Studio Snow Day

As I type this it is still snowing outside and we have had 12 inches of snow in the last 14hrs.


I had to cancel my plans today because I didn't think my VW Beetle Delilah could handle the conditions. That meant a day in my studio, I started by painting my S E W with chalk paint:


Then I finished the disappearing four patch quilt I began a couple of weeks ago and hung up my S E W, all the while being kept company by my trusty companions Ebony and Henry!


Then I finally pattern tested block one of my 2016 BOM. I know last year I had the whole quilt finished before the start of the year, but this year has been a trial, so I'm playing catch up now! But I promise all blocks will be pattern tested well before their upload dates. This is the pattern image:


This is my fabric selection all of which I purchased at my favorite Denver fabric shop Wooden Spools:


And forgive the bad  afternoon lighting  that does these fabrics no justice but this is my block:


6 comments:

  1. You've been a busy lady. Wow, that's a lot of snow. We're having a mild winter here in Iowa. Lot's of rain, very little snow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A mild winter sounds awesome from where I'm sitting lol but snow days are great sew days :-)

      Delete
    2. A mild winter sounds awesome from where I'm sitting lol but snow days are great sew days :-)

      Delete
  2. Been snowing here all day but got to spend it with 30 seven year olds! (Sooooo I"m jealous!! LOL!!) ONE MORE DAY till winter break!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you are soooooo close to your winter break! I bet you have lots of great quilty ideas about what you are going to do with all that time :-)

      Delete
    2. I'm glad you are soooooo close to your winter break! I bet you have lots of great quilty ideas about what you are going to do with all that time :-)

      Delete