Sewing Hiatus over!!!!

I have just had my in-laws visiting for a month. They slept in the downstairs bedroom adjacent to my sewing room. They are messy people so the downstairs kitchen etc looked like a bomb had hit it and so I only briefly ventured into the basement to get things from the freezer when they were here because I find their mess stress inducing. So that means I didn't sew a stitch for a whole month

But today I finally had time to get back down there and end the sewing drought!


I finished this final childhood memories quilt for a friends grandchildren. It's a relief to be able to focus on my own projects again finally!

But it did give me an excuse to finally cut into my roll of batting!


It seemed like excellent quality for 80/20 and I wouldn't hesitate to buy another roll from Overstock.com if I see it on sale again when this roll gets used up.


Don't forget to pop over to the download site (link at top of left sidebar) to download the July block pattern for the Adventurous Stars BOM. It's this block I call Plaid Star because of the checkerboard effect in the background.