Sunday, 18 September 2016

A Quilt Finish - CRQC BOM


Some followers may remember this quilt top, I designed it in 2015 for the Castle Rock Quilt Club BOM and made it from August 2015 to August 2016 as an example quilt whilst I was the BOM co-ordinator for the club.  Their Bi-annual quilt show is the first weekend in October so I wanted this quilt finished ready to hang in the show. 

I LOVE my choice of binding!
Yes I bind by machine even when my quilt will hang in a show!!! I know quilt police are having a heart attack right now as they read this!


I quilted it in simple meandering loops that remind me of bubbles blowing in the wind, which seems to suit the bright fun colors in this quilt.


Don't you JUST LOVE A FINISH!!! Especially one that's only a lap quilt but took over a year to finish!

3 comments:

  1. It turned out fantastic. And, I agree...that binding is the perfect print!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cheerful, lively quilt! The binding is perfect for it; and who cares what the "quilt police" think or feel, what matters is what you think and what the recipient of the quilt feels, which is probably totally blessed. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete