Orphan Block Odyssey

I demolished my UFO pile in 2017 so in 2018 I have decided that all my orphan blocks will be turned into quick lap/baby/charity quilts, table runners, quilted bags or cushion covers this year!

There will be a LINKY on my blog on the first day of each month in 2018 to share progress


I'm already working on my January quilt, it's a blue scrappy patch rectangle, made with 6 four patches. I'm just adding a few blue borders and a novelty print border, and more of the blue borders, nothing fancy. Just getting it DONE with odds and ends of leftover fabrics.


My February priority is this block


It'll be the centerpiece of a jumbo nine patch style quilt in pinks and whites 😍

Here's an example jumbo nine patch I made last summer, it's a fabulously quick stash buster!



March block is this PP castle


April block is a jumbo nine patch style quilt with this hexie flower block at it's center


I had pieced the hexagon flowers a couple of years ago. So Sunday I appliqued them both on a 9.5" scrappy square of white fabric, so the block is ready to turn into a quilt with some other red, white and blue fabrics 😍

Want to join the fun?!

Stop by to link up on the first day of each month in 2018 if you have orphan blocks to use or want to check on progress.