Quilt Retreat Progress

After a weekend at quilt retreat, I'm exhausted, but I still spent some time yesterday unpacking my retreat projects and organizing my sewing priorities.

This shirt quilt was my main project of the weekend. I made 20 Nifty Thrifty blocks from Bonnie Hunters book Scraps and Shirttails. And then decided to make 18 nine patches for a floating nine patch border. I still need to assemble the border, I think they'll be floating in a solid turquoise Kona.


I also made these two stars from 8" squares. I'll add a 1.5" turquoise border then a 6" brown border to both so they are identical, then I'll make a double sided lap quilt with them.


And I made a couple of extra woven blocks for this quilt top. This was not my original plan for these woven blocks but I'm just so over this project I want it finished! Have you ever just decided you are no longer interested in spending more time on something and thrown the blocks together into a compromise quilt, rather than let it become a UFO?