Monday Stitching

I haven't made myself clothes for years! 
But I bought a cute comfortable simple white linen skirt with an elastic waist recently and decided to make a few like it. 

So I simply folded it in half, placed it on the fold of the fabric, cut 2. And added extra for french seams, hems, waistband etc.


This is the original skirt:


Here is some fabrics I picked at Hobby Lobby to make some skirts with:


I started with that mustard yellow and grey floral because it was $4 per yard on clearance and I'm experimenting. I bought two yards. But have about a half yard left, maybe I'll make a purse or bag sometime...


It turned out great, I can't wait to wear it!


I put a faux drawstring on it just to amp up the cuteness factor 😍


I stitched down the French seams towards the back which made nice tidy, frey proof  side seams.


And I machine hemmed the bottom because I'm that kind of lazy, practical girl.