Reusable Bags Announcement

Green Bag Lady Project Parker Colorado chapter!!

The Green Bag Lady Teresa asked me if I was interested in beginning another Colorado chapter of GBL! Of course I said yes! I love saving the planet one reusable bag at a time!

Click here to read Teresa's announcement post:
GBL Parker CO Chapter

So expect to see me sharing lots more bag making!

When I moved into this house 3+years ago it made it more difficult to get to the other Colorado sew days because it's an hour drive each way.


In 2019 I'll be incorporating my GBL bag making with my goal of donating books in book bags made from fun novelty print fabrics to local underprivileged children of teen families.


Whilst at the Denver GBL meeting on Sunday sorting through fabrics donated to the project, I decided it was time to try making a sensory quilt to donate to either an autism or Alzheimer's charity! So many fabrics in this donation were too small for shopping bag making and they had great textures.

As soon as I mentioned the idea to the other Bagettes they were eagerly helping me sift out the fun array of fabrics appropriate for the task! Such fun fabulous ladies.

This is the fabric I came home with to start the quilt/s:


I'm thinking a cityscape would be great and all the building windows as different textures fabrics...

Teresa also gave me a fabulous bag of ribbon, lace etc for the sensory quilt project!!!! Yay


Click on my GBL tab for more details!