Laptop Case - Cotton Cuts

Every month I receive a fabulous box of 12 fat quarters from Cotton Cuts! This month I decided my first project with these fabrics was going to be a laptop case for the little netbook I take to guild presentations to run my slide show from.

I decided to use two fabrics from the box:
1. A floral by Riley Blake Designs for the quilted exterior
2. A pink blender fabric by Figo Fabrics for the lining
I also used a scrappy white strip that I pulled from my scrap bin - I hand embroidered my business name on the strip :)


Then I made a quick drawstring bag for the cords and cables using that same blender fabric. 


I also used the ribbon they tie the fat quarter bundle with as an accent handle on the laptop case and as the drawstring for the bag! CUTE!


The pink lining with an accent stripe of the exterior turned out fabulous!


It is the first time I have ever made a zip pouch!


It is a fabulous fat quarter project, all i needed was
2 x fat quarters
1 x 14" zip
1 scrappy white strip 3" wide
Embroidery floss to embellish
Batting scraps large enough to envelope your laptop once sewn into a pouch (mine - 15" x 9.5" x two pieces)
Thread that compliments your fabric choices

Here's a great, quick,basic tutorial I watched last week in preparation for this project:
I quilted my exterior fabric onto the batting scraps for extra padding since it is a laptop case.