Progress & Balance

Yesterday I started pattern testing for another quilt that's in my Elaborate Adventures book! I got all the blocks tested and uploaded the minor book edits that were necessary.

This star is at the center of the lap quilt version I'm making:


I love the palette 🎨 I chose it's a nice blend of pastel and bright 💗👌


After making 9 blocks for that project I moved on to doing a border for one of my  Daybreak at the Barn variations (I'm making all 4 of mine different)


Of course I got halfway through piecing the borders and decided I needed trees in my cornerstone blocks, so I drafted them right then and there by hand 😂🤣 too lazy to go upstairs to the printer!


I wanted the effect of corral fencing around this barn so to make the border I strip pieced alternating  3 X 1.5" wide dark strips and 2 x 1.25" wide white strips then subcut them 2" wide and added the 1.25" wide white fence posts. I'm not sure I love it but we will see once the next border goes on.


And I still found time for a 30min dog walk and a 1.5hr, 13 mile, 899ft elevation gain cycle!


I love those days when I can balance my creative and health and fitness goals 👌

And right now as I draft and schedule this post I am sitting on my deck soaking up the spring sunshine 🌞