Old block, new tricks!

I sorted through my old unused odd or incomplete quilt blocks a month or two ago and decided to start focusing on using them in smaller projects.
 Today I decided this hand embroidered sewing machine block would go well with 3 fat quarters from my August Cotton Cuts fabric subscription box.
 So I added three simple borders using the fat quarters. Then turned it into a cushion cover.
 For the back I used leftover fabric from 2 of the fat quarters.
I'm loving this finish!
I challenge you all to sort through all your old, unused odd, leftover blocks and start using them up by making one small project each month. Share on Instagram or any social media using the hashtag #oldblocknewtricks

Here are some ideas of things you could make:

  • Mug rug
  • Placemats
  • Table runner
  • Cushion cover
  • Zip pouch
  • Tote bag
  • Dog Coat (there's a tutorial in my tutorial tab)
  • Apron 
  • Baby burp cloths
  • Baby bibs
  • Baby quilt
  • Doll quilt
I've added a challenges tab to my blog so you can pop back anytime to find this list.