A project for hubby's car!

Hubby just bought a new car on the weekend, it's black with red leather seats:

Last year I made a back seat cover for our hatchback when we take the dogs in the car to the vet etc. Check it out here:


We've since sold that car and given that cover to our son for his similar car and the gorgeous granddogs. But now that hubby has new wheels I thought I better whip up a quick back seat protector again! Obviously red and black were the only possible color choices:

I started by making four scrappy 36 patch blocks:

Then I made extra elements to work towards the size quilt top I needed:

I can't wait to finish getting this put together, I'm loving how it looks so far:

So far I'm pleased with the layout I've chosen. I think I'll try this layout again soon for a snuggly lap quilt.