Sentimental Fabric

My mum died in February, she taught me to sew and was always the most cherished woman in my life.

My friend Krystal painted a picture of her earlier this year which is displayed in my sewing studio:

After her death I used some fabric from her stash to travel wrap breakable family treasures that my father allowed me to keep when we were cleaning out mum's belongings. It kept all the treasures safe thankfully. I used most of it to make masks during the year for a Denver domestic violence shelter. But I saved a couple of fat quarter sized pieces:
Recently I made a fabric tie from some narrow scraps of one of the fabrics and tied the leftovers in a cute little bundle, I pinned my mum's name to them and they will now be displayed in my studio on the same shelf as the painting of mum.
I love having mementos of mum in my studio because I truly cherish the sewing skills she taught me as a teenager! Those skills helped me emotionally to survive the loss of both of my parents this year and these weird pandemic times!