Quilted Robe Progress

I'm currently hosting a free robe sew along, you can join in anytime by downloading the PDF from the 'seasonal' page on my download website (link in sidebar). I'm sewing my quilted version right now to get ahead of participants so I can share some construction photos and tips next week.

So today I completed piecing and quilting the front pieces for my robe:
I went with a mod scrap improv piecing style because I love this style of piecing for using scraps. I've made several quilts using this technique, like these two lap quilts:
I love this modern look for using solid scraps particularly grey, black, white and other neutrals. I have a book called Mod Scrap Adventures available on Amazon that explains the facets of design and techniques I use (click on my books tab for more details about it and my other quilt books).