My Mantra Evolves

In 2016 as I set up my Parker, Colorado sewing studio, I had words ringing in my head. So I decided to create some embroidered wall decor, here's the old blog post of that initial phase:

So these words became like a mantra and made me more conscious of how my mind was working creatively. I use those words when I do presentations to quilt guilds to help convey my process, style and design philosophy. 

These embroidery hoops hung in my Parker studio from 2016 to 2022. 

But we've recently relocated to Australia and my studio is half the size; two walls are covered in bookcases/shelving and one wall has a large window, so I don't have as much wall space for wall decor. So after prioritization, I decided I couldn't hang these embroidery hoops anymore! But I've salvaged the embroidery and decided to incorporate them into a scrap quilt.

It's still a WIP and I'm not sure what it will eventually evolve into. Stay tuned!