Bringing Order to Chaos

Last year my hubby took a voluntary redundancy and retired 4 years earlier than planned. We had only been in Australia 8 months so I was still in in the midst of bringing order to chaos in my new sewing studio! So it's felt like lots of tasks were still on my to-do list for the last 8 months! 
Civil War repro and traditional prints
We live a very busy, active retired life, so I'm not in the studio much anymore. Most of my quilt making is EPP whilst watching TV now. But this past weekend he went to the East coast of Australia to visit his family and I had five full days in my sewing studio, it felt like my very own quilt retreat. And I finished all the organisational tasks that were needed. 

My sewing studio finally feels organised!

I sorted fabrics and adjusted my storage methods slightly. I hunted for all my Civil War reproduction prints so that I can use them as needed in my current project! I found heaps and now they are all together in that one sturdy metal tub. 

It's such a relief to finish the job of setting myself up well! 
I have started a new page on this blog dedicated to sewing studio storage and organisation (SS Organisation tab) and will begin a series of posts soon sharing my studio details and tips.