Fibonacci quilt WIP

Yesterday I started quilting my sections for the QAYG queen size Fibonacci quilt I am currently working on:


I am straight line quilting on the diagonal so that there is a diamond effect overlaying the Fibonacci quadrants.


I drew the lines with chalk, so it all looks a little dull at the moment but you get the idea:


I only got two quadrants done and a third partially basted. I am using double layers of cotton batting to make this a warmer winter quilt that is machine wash and tumble dry-able and that is working fine (thank goodness because I'd never tried that before!)

I had a couple of helpers of course and Henry took a liking to the backing fabric I am yet to use, that was just piled up on the floor:


But today I have to go to work, on the way home I have to buy basting spray, batting and thread so that next week I can keep working on this and hopefully finish it.