Tuesday, 1 April 2014

Catching up...

Today I crossed two things off my to-do list!

First I made these three trees for the right hand side of my quilt club BOM quilt:


Then I turned this pile of green fabrics that were donated to our quilt club into a charity quilt top:


I think it turned out okay for my first attempt at a charity quilt. One of the long arm quilters from the club will quilt it eventually.

It is about 55" x 55" 
It was a simple pattern that came together in a few hours, with 6.5" squares, 2.5" x 6.5" rectangles and 8.5" x 2.5" rectangles.  The sashing is actually more green than it looks in the photo.


So good to make some progress on my to-do list!

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on crossing TWO things off your list! I like the trees you made. I am also working on a BOM quilt. It's the first time that I've participated in one. Your charity quilt looks really nice too. Great that you can do that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great - I really like that quilt club BOM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like this pattern for the charity quilt, it works very well . Also your trees look good on the BOM quilt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty quilt and the little house and pine trees, leaves etc...love it! :)

    ReplyDelete