Wednesday, 2 July 2014

Charity Quilt-in-an-afternoon

I spent this afternoon piecing, quilting and binding a charity quilt.


First I made the scrappy red and white four patches. Then once I ran out of red and white squares for the the center I added three borders to make it a reasonable sized baby quilt about 33" x 33"


I then did  meandering FMQing with my Juki TL210Q.  I had red bobbin thread to match the backing and white thread for the top.There were a few 'bubbles' on the backing as I am still getting used to pin basting rather than spray basting and the flannel has some stretch to it, which complicates things.


The squares were cut from fabric donated to our quilt club.
The red flannel backing/binding was donated by my friend Teresa of the Green Bag Lady Project.
And the batting and border fabrics were from my stash.


So here it is ready for the quilt club to donate probably to the hospital that is now generously letting us use their conference room facilities for our meetings in return for some charity quilts.

4 comments:

  1. This is adorable! I'm a big fan of red and white.

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice, am impressed all done in a day

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've always liked red and black together (I think it really makes a bold statement), but I didn't realise that red and white go together so nicely. Very cute and very generous of everyone involved.

    ReplyDelete