Thursday, 21 August 2014

Thrifty Thursday - scrap usage

This Thrifty Thursday post like many others is about scrap usage. This is my basket of 2.5" strip scraps:



I'd already made this bag last week to use some up:


But as you can see the basket still has plenty of strips in it!

So I designed this paper piecing quilt block to help me use some of my strips:


Now I just need to find the TIME to sew some more LOL!

I will no longer be adding a linky to my Thrifty Thursday posts, I'd like to focus my energies on preparing and pattern designing for the free BOM I will offer in 2015.



Thrifty Thursday posts will continue though, they just won't be linky parties.

5 comments:

  1. love the bag so colourful, managed to grab your button for my BOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great colorful bag! That block looks like it would be fun to make. I need to use up some of my scraps before they start to take over....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That block pattern will be the first free pattern offered in my BOM starting January one, so if you are still drowning in scraps by then I'd love to see your version!

      Delete
  3. I go back to school and leave blog land for a few days and look at you changing things up! I'm so excited for you....what a great idea!!! Though I'm not a paper piece I'll be glad to add your button to my blog. :)I'm looking forward to following your BOM!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am a lover of scraps, my favourite is the scrappy sun rays :) Personally think a gal can never have enough scraps ;)

    ReplyDelete