Thursday, 25 September 2014

2015 BOM October Practice Block

As a part of the 2015 free paper piecing BOM I am offering I have designed several practice blocks to help beginners learn paper piecing. This is the October block which I simply call Triangle block in 4 segments. This block was designed to help beginners learn the skill of making sub units and joining them to make the larger block. These triangle practice blocks are all 7.25" x 7.25" the same size as the blocks in the 2015 BOM so that if you want to add them into your quilt top as an extra row/column then you can.

All the links for the tutorials and tips to get you started are still available on the download site http://adventurousquilter.yolasite.com/ and will be throughout 2015 so join in anytime.





Remember these blocks are free to download from my download site as PDFs. Click on the link at the top of my left sidebar to go to that site now.

4 comments:

  1. this is a big adventure Marianne! LeeAnna at not afraid of color

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling block, Marianne! The vibrant colors are wonderful! I can't wait to see what you do with the sewing machine swap block when you get it done because you are so creative! I have been browsing your patterns at Craftsy. I am new to Craftsy and wondered how you got the Craftsy link with the scroll bar on your sidebar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a pretty block! The colors really pop against that gray background!

    Thank you so much for sharing at Needle and Thread Thursday!

    :) Kelly @ My Quilt Infatuation

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent article , Speaking of which , if people is looking for a service to merge some PDF files , my family saw a tool here www.altomerge.com.

    ReplyDelete