Wednesday, 28 January 2015

2015 goals

It is January 28th!!! I had my eldest son visiting from Australia all of December, then in mid January I began a small business buying and selling vintage items in a local antique mall, here is my booth:


So the first few weeks in January dissolved away in a blur with all my free time spent pricing inventory!

THEN I GOT THE FLU!!!!!!! so the last 10 days disappeared too!

So I find myself with a day at home today preparing to leave for a 3 day quilt retreat tomorrow with no idea what to pack!

It has taken me 3 hrs to even get my sewing room so that I can see the floor, because it was full of inventory for my booth, which needed pricing and then relegating to the spare room. Now that I have done that I need to do the usual sewing room tidy up before I can even imagine beginning to sew anything!

At least my WIPS and UFOs are still organized in the green tubs ready to tackle when my room is ready, thank goodness I spent time in here late last year organizing those:


So here they are my 2015 sewing goals:


  • enjoy my 2015 BOM in progress
  • spend 1 day a week in the sewing room
  • continue to sew for the Green Bag Lady Project
  • In August I will finish my year as quilt club vice president
  • Use my portable vintage sewing machines more often
  • cowboy quilt
  • VW quilt
  • VW mini quilt
  • Tula Pink lap quilt
  • seasonal dog jackets
  • eye spy quilts x 2
  • quilt 7 scrap quilts
  • 9 patch quilt top
  • Christmas scrap quilt
  • My headboard cover
  • quilt faux Amish quilt
  • Santa Fe inspired quilt top
  • Design 2016 BOM blocks 7 of 12 done already
  • Sew all my vintage fabrics into aprons, bags etc for sale in my antique mall booth
  • Make at least 6 charity quilts
  • Try not to buy much fabric except what is needed to finish WIPs and UFOs
  • Paint vintage sewing machine table and mount one of my 400 models in it
  • Use scraps from overflowing scrap bins
  • sew shopping bags from unwanted fabrics in my stash
  • sew several small mini quilts to decorate my antique mall booth
So there it is! I have a plan, we'll see if I can follow through.

In February I'd be happy to just achieve one of them - spend 1 day per week in the sewing room.

I tend to spend at least one day a week going to my booth and thrift shopping for items for the booth along the way, a day pricing and prepping booth stock and I do a tenpin bowling league for 3 hrs on Mondays. So there isn't a whole lot of time left in my schedule lately. Thankfully I only work 2 mornings a week from 5.30am until 9am at my local ladies only gym, so I do have my days free.

5 comments:

  1. I've been waiting to see you booth and it looks great! Lots of fun stuff in there!! My youngest daughter has starated to collect pyrex...wish you lived closer!! Love you list for 2015...you'll get it done! Glad you are feeling better and having fun with everything. V:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The booth is coming together but it isn't finished yet so I really need to get the last things hung up on the high part of the walls next week.

      Delete
  2. Whoa, Marianne, you are ambitious! And you do such great work. (Did you mean to say that it's February 28th? Or did I miss a whole month?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rozy Lass that was a typo which I have now fixed :)

      Delete
  3. I have no idea how you get so much done! I'm overwhelmed just looking at the list you've planed for this year!

    ReplyDelete