So the first few weeks in January dissolved away in a blur with all my free time spent pricing inventory!
THEN I GOT THE FLU!!!!!!! so the last 10 days disappeared too!
So I find myself with a day at home today preparing to leave for a 3 day quilt retreat tomorrow with no idea what to pack!
It has taken me 3 hrs to even get my sewing room so that I can see the floor, because it was full of inventory for my booth, which needed pricing and then relegating to the spare room. Now that I have done that I need to do the usual sewing room tidy up before I can even imagine beginning to sew anything!
At least my WIPS and UFOs are still organized in the green tubs ready to tackle when my room is ready, thank goodness I spent time in here late last year organizing those:
So here they are my 2015 sewing goals:
- enjoy my 2015 BOM in progress
- spend 1 day a week in the sewing room
- continue to sew for the Green Bag Lady Project
- In August I will finish my year as quilt club vice president
- Use my portable vintage sewing machines more often
- cowboy quilt
- VW quilt
- VW mini quilt
- Tula Pink lap quilt
- seasonal dog jackets
- eye spy quilts x 2
- quilt 7 scrap quilts
- 9 patch quilt top
- Christmas scrap quilt
- My headboard cover
- quilt faux Amish quilt
- Santa Fe inspired quilt top
- Design 2016 BOM blocks 7 of 12 done already
- Sew all my vintage fabrics into aprons, bags etc for sale in my antique mall booth
- Make at least 6 charity quilts
- Try not to buy much fabric except what is needed to finish WIPs and UFOs
- Paint vintage sewing machine table and mount one of my 400 models in it
- Use scraps from overflowing scrap bins
- sew shopping bags from unwanted fabrics in my stash
- sew several small mini quilts to decorate my antique mall booth
So there it is! I have a plan, we'll see if I can follow through.
In February I'd be happy to just achieve one of them - spend 1 day per week in the sewing room.
I tend to spend at least one day a week going to my booth and thrift shopping for items for the booth along the way, a day pricing and prepping booth stock and I do a tenpin bowling league for 3 hrs on Mondays. So there isn't a whole lot of time left in my schedule lately. Thankfully I only work 2 mornings a week from 5.30am until 9am at my local ladies only gym, so I do have my days free.