Vamping my space!

I spent all morning working on a craft project. These scrabble racks are to sell in my antique mall booth:



Since I had done some work and I had to go to Target to get some stuff for my husband, I decided to browse in Ross, Homegoods and Marshalls as well whilst I was out!

And I found this cute ottoman for $12.99 at Ross. I only just blogged yesterday about how I would like to make a scrappy one. I have moved one of our spare Ikea Poang armchairs into the sewing room so that I can meditate in here so I needed an ottoman to ensure I can be super comfortable whilst meditating. But for $12.99 I decided I'd use this as is and one day when it's a little worn I can recover it in scraps if I want to. But this just started me thinking about making my sewing room just a little bit fresher and more fun to be in!


So I bought some new tubs and other storage items in an aqua/turquoise color to complement the ottoman and revamped one corner of the room:

I even found a spot on my shelves for the vintage turquoise sewing box I bought recently!

I loved these chalkboards with string and wood pegs for $3 from Target!

It's still a work in progress but I am determined to make this room a cute, fresh sanctuary for me to do crafts, meditate and generally enjoy!