Revamping a Rocking Chair

Last year I came across a cute little child's rocking chair in a thrift store, the orange vinyl seat covers had several holes so it needed recovering but I couldn't leave it there for $5. So yesterday afternoon I started to pull it apart to recover it!


It only had 6 bolts holding it together so it was a quick deconstruction! I have decided not to refinish the arms of the chair as I want the chair to retain some of it's vintage charm.

I bought this cowboy quilt fabric months ago in preparation for this makeover:


I adore how it turned out! 

Originally I was going to sell it in my antique mall booth, but now I am not sure I can part with it!!! I'll just wait until we've bought a house later this year and see if I can find a spot for it!


And of course I'll have to make a small child's lap quilt to go with it!