Monday, 14 September 2015

waiting, waiting, waiting...


I have 3 weeks left to wait until we actually own our new house and I will have a new bigger sewing room. I can't wait!





In the mean time my sewing room here in the apartment is increasingly becoming a mess that is uninhabitable. The cutting table is buried:

The ironing board isn't much better:


And the floor has the overflow!


But there is always space for me at the computer:


So here I am at my my computer playing in EQ7 whilst I have my morning smoothie for breakfast. I don't have much time in here today because I have 3 different medical appointments to go to. So I am currently editing quilt blocks I have already designed during 2013, 2014 and 2015 to make them simpler 4 or 5 inch blocks for my epic sampler quilt.

This is where I am up to so far with the design:



I don't expect to start sewing this until later in 2015 because I have my CRQC BOM and 2016 Scrappy Adventures BOM quilts to sew first. But my sewing room will be an abomination until we begin moving in 3 weeks time so pattern design gives me an outlet for my creativity in the mean time.

2 comments:

  1. best of luck with medical appointments 3 in a day not much fun that.
    You must be busy getting ready for your move trying to picture what your sewing room will look like and how tidy it will be!!
    Your EQ7 is coming along, do not have it have thought about it but do not think I can justify the price

    ReplyDelete