Friday, 11 September 2015

A new challenge...

I have two quilting passions at the moment; paper piecing and sampler quilts. I have also wanted to do a 2 or 3 color quilt for quite some time. I love the simplicity of quilts that are red and white or blue and white. Sooooooo... I decided to design an epic modern paper pieced sampler quilt with 100 blocks using only 3 colors; white, dark blue and medium blue. These will only be 4 or 5" blocks so the quilt will still be a large lap sized quilt which is the size I use the most.

This is block 1


And this is the beginning quilt layout image in EQ7


I envision this project taking me a year or two to complete... we'll see.

1 comment:

  1. this looks a mammoth task you are undertaking but know you will achieve it in no time at all. Not sure if you still look at my blog but I put a orange,white and yellow sampler quilt on it yesterday, I loved so few colours too it really caught my eye

    ReplyDelete