Tuesday, 29 December 2015

A scrappy cushion cover

After spending all day yesterday on current projects, towards the end of the day i pulled out some much loved scraps from my 2014 Shirttails quilt finish.


The quilt was made using 99c shirts from Goodwill and is one my all time favorite finishes. This is what I'm doing with the scraps atm:


The next step is to make a hexie flower for the center then I'll applique it all onto a neutral background fabric and make it a cushion cover for the couch.

7 comments:

  1. I vaguely remembered your Shirttails quilt and made a search to look at it again. That's a gorgeous piece. The variety of blocks makes it very interesting to look at. And this cushion shows great promises. I wonder, though, how you managed to pieced the scraps at the right angle...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for linking your project in my first link party. Your the first participant. :-) I noticed that you pinned the party's logo. Again, thank you! I now follow a few of your boards and will not miss any of your beautiful projects.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marianne! Well I can sure see why you love your shirttail quilt - it's a beauty! You cushion cover is going to be just as charming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always save every little scrap of fabric and people laugh at me, but this is a cute idea for using them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Lotta it's perfect for strip scraps.

      Delete
    2. Yes Lotta it's perfect for strip scraps.

      Delete
  5. Your quilt is gorgeous and I like your project with the scraps to make a cushion. I buy second-hand shirts (and skirts and dresses), too, and love using them for quilts.
    Nancy (ndmessier @ aol.com, joyforgrace.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete