Thursday, 28 January 2016

A Scrappy Tote

About two years ago I made this tote bag in a class at my favorite Denver quilt shop Wooden Spools.

Fabric Shopping at Wooden Spools

It is so useful I made another one shortly after the class. Both are constantly in use. So today I decided to make another one using scraps.


I even pieced the batting from scraps!


And I had this old horse fabric in my stash that I didn't love so I used it to make the lining. It has two pockets inside the bag:


I used a QAYG method to sew the strips to the batting for the outside of the bag:


I made this bag for taking inventory to my antique mall booth in and I will make at least one more in the next few weeks as well. Ultimately I'd even like to make a couple for grocery shopping.

I also took advantage of the almost spring-like weather and went outdoors and spray basted 5 charity baby quilts and the childhood memories custom order quilt I have been working on.


We are expecting a major winter snow storm next week, so I should get them all quilted early next week whilst I am staying indoors to avoid the dumping of snow.

1 comment:

  1. great tote bags, liking the shape not so deep but wide might just have to make some too. Enjoy keeping in the warm out of the snow and quilting the baby quilts

    ReplyDelete