A Scrappy Tote

About two years ago I made this tote bag in a class at my favorite Denver quilt shop Wooden Spools.

Fabric Shopping at Wooden Spools

It is so useful I made another one shortly after the class. Both are constantly in use. So today I decided to make another one using scraps.


I even pieced the batting from scraps!


And I had this old horse fabric in my stash that I didn't love so I used it to make the lining. It has two pockets inside the bag:


I used a QAYG method to sew the strips to the batting for the outside of the bag:


I made this bag for taking inventory to my antique mall booth in and I will make at least one more in the next few weeks as well. Ultimately I'd even like to make a couple for grocery shopping.

I also took advantage of the almost spring-like weather and went outdoors and spray basted 5 charity baby quilts and the childhood memories custom order quilt I have been working on.


We are expecting a major winter snow storm next week, so I should get them all quilted early next week whilst I am staying indoors to avoid the dumping of snow.