Studio Tour

3 months after buying our home I keep imagining that i will 'finish' my sewing studio and then show it off to all my readers but it's probably never going to be finished. It'll change and evolve to be fresh and fun. So here it is at the moment:


My sewing machine is under the window (on desk one) to make the most of natural light. My Scrappy Adventures quilt hangs on the wall to the left.

Also on the desk to the left of my machine is this antique thread holder and some handy tubs, baskets, jars and a lamp. This is desk two and my serger is to the left of this.


These next few photos show the layout a bit better despite the crappy snow day artificial lighting.





My favorite purchase by far for this room has been the library cart I bought off Craigslist for $40 and reprayed. 


It's fabulous for fabric storage


It sits in the centre of the room next to my third desk they stick out into the middle of the room to maximize use of the centre floor space and so it's accessible from both sides and because it's so pretty it's a great feature.


On the far wall behind them is my cutting table, underneath it I store WIP tubs. Above it I've hung my VW quilt. 



I love this design, organization and inspiration magnetic white board I've hung above the ironing board:


Most of my antique sewing machine collection is on the remaining wall, two cabinet models and many portables. 


In the  NE corner of the room between my sewing and cutting stations are my Ikea Billy shelves:



The dollar store baskets are perfect for storing scraps, charm squares, fat quarters, spare thread reels, notions etc etc


Next to the shelves I hang quilted totes and have a child sized dressform which I made an apron for and a stuffed dog wearing one of my quilted dog jackets. 


So that's the initial reveal! I love this space and i find it a blissful place to spend time. 

What's left to do:
  • Embroidery hoop wall art
  • Scrabble board sewing themed wall art
  • Hubby is going to make me a sturdy ironing station with shelving under it
  • Finish another mini quilt to hang
  • paint some spare kitchen chairs teal/turquoise
  • paint a quilt rack teal/turquoise
  • replace the ceiling light fitting with a more functional multi spot light fitting
  • Make gorgeous chair bags to brighten up the boring black desk chairs with bright fun colors
  • Make a dog bed that suits the decor
So thanks for stopping by to check out my space! If you are ever in the neighborhood stop by and sew a while :-)



Today I'm hosting a sit and sew day with some ladies from my local quilt club so it'll be a sew day, YAY!