Progress & Pattern Design

My UFO challenge item for February (vintage dresden blocks) is slow progress. I have just had my youngest son home for a week for spring break so I had no time to sew whilst he was here. But I think tomorrow will be a sew day! But I did finally buy some solid pink background fabric for a vintage dresden block cushion cover to test how my block idea will look, if I like it the rest of the quilt blocks will be made in a similar way and become a quilt eventually.


And I did finally do a pattern design mock up of an idea I have had in my head for a couple of months. My Adventurous Stars paper pieced BOM quilt is going to hang on my living room wall. So I thought doing an individual variation and giving it a house block in the center would be nice. So I did the math and enlarged my house block pattern and created a test pattern image to decide if I like the idea. The final quilt will have 12 different stars not 4 that repeat and the turquoise fabrics will be a more scrappy looking variety of patterned turquoise fabrics.


And I do love it, so I think I will go ahead and test the house block pattern this week! I may even end up hand embroidering the word HOME on the front of the house! So many ideas, sooooo little time!

And do you remember I had a temporary sewing buddy over Christmas? Charlie the labradoodle will be back for a few days later this week whilst his family is away, he's a great sewing companion, unlike my traitorous dogs who barely ever venture into my dungeon studio!!