Finally!

This is the stitching corner of my sewing studio. Until yesterday I only had my Juki set up on the desk (I used to have a serger set up also but wasn't using it so I got rid of it about 3 mths ago) I had been wanting to set up a second machine so that if my Juki is set up for FMQing and I want to straight stitch something I can use the second machine. But I wanted to use one of the vintage sewing machines that I have never really used before, so I had 2 to choose from a Bernina or an Elna.


For now I decided to go with the Elna, so I had to download the manual to remember how to thread it and set up the stitch length etc. Hence I had been avoiding the job and considering it too time consuming for months. But I am so pleased I took the time to finally set it up. 

It sews a beautiful stitch!

Such a cute machine with such sleek lines
So of course I started a scrap project with 2" squares I found hidden away that suit this months Rainbow Scrap Challenge - neutrals! To test it out I got one block done before I had to head out for a lunch date with a quilt club friend and then a Drs appt.



But I am soooo pleased I finally got around to setting this beauty up :)



Popular posts from this blog

A Rainbow Scrap Challenge Finish!

Oops - time to prioritize progress goals

Dog jacket tutorial