Something from Nothing

After all these years of refining my skills and investing in a fantastic array of beautiful fabrics...
I still love ugly scrappy quilts. I love to make 'something from nothing'


Several years ago after making this favorite quilt of mine
http://adventurousquilter.blogspot.com/2013/10/a-finish-finally.html

I made a couple of dozen 12" improv pieced squares to make another pieced quilt back like that one. But in the end this week I decided to add some solid fabric to slightly enhance the ugly blocks. I am not sure if it'll be a quilt back or front but I am glad it is not just a pile of ugly blocks taking up space in my studio anymore!

If it ends up a quilt top rather than back I imagine it quilted in green thread and bound with a green scrappy binding to help that green star pop.