Bag Making

I haven't been sewing much since I returned from Australia almost ten days ago. I've only worked on time sensitive things when I did sew. I've just been been in a bit of a funk. And constant migraines haven't helped. But my strategy when I'm struggling for motivation is to work on small projects to slowly work my way back to my usual motivated state. So today I made two identical small bags using a scrap of camping themed fabric leftover from backing a quilt last year:
Isn't that fabric adorable!
The bags are for storing our traction hiking footwear in. I made two because we have two sets of the traction footwear; one set in the trunk of each of our two cars, so we can go hiking in snow anytime.
For a printable bag making tutorial click on my tutorials tab. I used the 'Bucket Corners Reusable Bag' tutorial for these.
We used the traction wear on Saturday when we went for a hike to celebrate my 46th birthday.
I love hiking in the snow but it can be icy and treacherous, especially on slopes!
It felt great to be back in my sewing studio today 💗👌