Fabric Choices

Earlier this week I posted about my last trip to my favorite Denver local quilt shop. But I didn't share about the fabric I bought!

Our luggage is soooo full that before going in I limited myself to buying 6 pieces (mini bolts or fat quarters). 

This is what I chose:

The perfect modern quilter's fabric stash for me contains mostly tonals/blenders. What do I mean by that? Fabrics that present as solids in a quilt from 5 to 10 yards away. So they have a high saturation of background color and subtle prints. So these six fabrics are perfect for my stash style. 
I'll share more about my stash in 2023 as I unpack my fabric from the moving boxes. My stash is basically made up of three styles of fabric:
  • Solids
  • Tonals/blenders (the full rainbow of colors)
  • Busy print fabrics for quilt backs (I love cute print fabrics on quilt backs)
Anything that doesn't fit those three categories is slowly getting used up to refine my stash. 
Farewell Vicki and the entire Wooden Spools team!