Hitting Refresh

Do you find your sewing space becomes a dumping ground between uses? 
I mainly focus on hand stitching these days so my studio can get a bit of a built up "to-do" pile on the cutting table when I'm not in there much. 
Monday when I walked in there it was a bit of a mess: 
  • 3 dog coats needed mending
  • Monthly FPP BOM block needed pattern testing
  • A few scraps needed pressing & cutting into 2" squares for my current EPP project
  • I had a sheet of corflute that needed rotary cutting into dividers for our home library
  • And I had two microwave heat packs that needed new covers
So I set to work and tackled it all in one morning easily. It feels great to hit refresh and see a tidy studio before getting on with my day! 
I love this floral I used for the microwave heat bags! I used the same rice that I had in the previous bags but the covers had gotten tatty and dirty so they desperately needed new bags! 
FYI: there's a microwave heat pack tutorial available on the tutorials page of this blog, they are excellent for using up fabric scraps leftover from prior projects. 
It's only early Spring here in Western Australia so we still have chilly mornings and evenings to use these!