The Birdie Sling Bag

I finished my first Amy Butler Birdie Sling Bag today.
I had this brown paisley print fabric that I found in thrift store that I thought would make a gorgeous bag and I used a solid brown fabric from my stash for the lining and top band.


Just making the pattern took a while because it is a PDF download so everything is printed on letter size paper then cut out and stuck together:


Then every piece either has fusible fleece or interfacing ironed on to it, so just preparing this for sewing takes a while, but here are all my bits ready to sew (finally).


But after what feels like a marathon effort the bag did finally come together! And it is just how I imagined it, I love the brown paisley in this project it is perfect!


 Inside it is fully lined and includes two pockets, I did one in the lining fabric and one in the paisley, because I didn't have enough paisley left for the 2nd pocket.


The pattern cost me $12.95 + tax and there is about $15 worth of interfacing a few dollars worth of fusible fleece, a few yards of fabric and the matching thread, so I guess it is probably not a cheap handbag to make, fortunately my fabrics were thrifty finds!!!