A first finish for 2014!

I am plodding along with making the Celtic Solstice mystery quilt components at the moment it is rather tedious at times so I am breaking up the boredom by doing other small projects in between, like this one:

Henry the Cockapoo in his new dog jacket
 Yes that is a patchwork quilted dog jacket! Henry is a very long lean dog and most commercially produced dog jackets are either too short or don't do up tight enough because they aren't made for such lean dogs. So I used his best fitting dog jacket as a pattern to make this one.



All the fabrics were scraps leftover when I cut 4 inch eye spy squares in 2013, I cut them into 2" squares sewed them together for practice lining up my points and then just set them aside not knowing what I would use them for... until now!


So this is what happens when 2 passions collide. I love dogs and quilting so the next logical extension of that was a quilted dog jacket. Believe me I do understand that this is a little crazy, but I love it LOL. Yesterdays maximum temperature here was -9'C or 15'F so it is nice to have a new coat to keep Henry warm in weather like that!


I also found time yesterday to polish the bentwood box for my 1956 Singer 201, which is what I am sewing on currently whilst my 2013 Pfaff is in for repairs. It looks terrific now!


This machine sews beautifully! They were designed as a light industrial machine for seamstresses etc, so it went through the quilted layers of the dog jacket as well as the strapping and velcro quite easily!!! A real workhorse.


And these are the 100 Chevron units for the Celtic Solstice Mystery QAL  that I completed this morning:


It is nice to be sewing again after a busy December!

Popular posts from this blog

Oops - time to prioritize progress goals

A Rainbow Scrap Challenge Finish!

Free block pattern of the week