cut, cut, cut, sew, sew, sew...

Earlier this week I was cutting squares for my eye spy quilt and I now cut squares for two other quilty friends as I go as well as cutting spare squares for me, scrappy strips for other projects and 4" x 1,2 or 2.5 for a scrappy piano keys border I will make one day, so it is quite a production line LOL:


Then I reduced my overflowing scrap bin to this:


I did that by making 20 scrappy improv blocks that will probably end up backing a quilt one day:


I did this once before on this quilt:


I like the busy, thrifty feel of this backing, it is one of my favorite backings. I LOVE pieced backings so these improv blocks are a quick easy way to deal with a scrap bin that is overflowing but also I get a backing that costs me nothing.

So that has kept me busy for a few days this week. What have you been up to?